Many of the topics explored at this blog are also discussed in the international Facebook forum The Bible and Anthropology. Those discussions are lively and informative.
That forum is not for theological conversation. Rather, we identify and discuss anthropologically significant data in the canonical texts. The purpose of the group is to advance the science of Biblical Anthropology.
These are a few of the topics we consider at that forum:
- The social structure of the biblical Hebrew
- Kinship analysis
- Ancient biblical populations
- Burial practices and grave goods of biblical populations
- Artifacts and dating
- Solar symbolism
- Origins of the Messianic Faith (before Judaism)
- The dispersion of the Horite Hebrew ruler-priest caste
- Linguistic connections between Sumerian, Akkadian, and other Semitic languages
- DNA studies that pertain to biblical populations