The astonishing contributions and enduring influence of the Hebrew wives and daughters come alive for the reader of this sequel to The First Lords of the Earth: An Anthropological Study.
The book presents neglected aspects of the cultural milieus of the women of the Bible from the historical Eve to the Virgin Mary. The chapters present evidence of their royal status, ministries to women, entrepreneurial successes, and the balance of authority between them and their Hebrew husbands.
“Alice's analysis of the kinship pattern of the biblical
Hebrew opened my eyes to understand not just Genesis and not just the
Pentateuch, but the whole diacronic layers in all of the Old Testament."
- Shalom Rutgaizer, Israeli archaeologist and Old Testament scholar
“In terms of tertiary studies, I learned Old Testament
from 'extreme liberals' as well as 'moderate conservatives.' Then for years I
felt satisfied that, although by no means a specialist, I had worked out a
sensible approach to the Old Testament that was authentically Christian while
avoiding the pitfalls of fundamentalism, Marcionism and liberalism . . .
especially with regard to the Book of Genesis.
That was until I found Alice Linsley's work. Her
biblical, historical, theological, cultural, anthropological and archaeological
research takes the reader into fascinating areas which really make sense and
have caused me to change quite a number of my previously held views!"
- David Chislett SSC, former Anglican Bishop of the Traditional Anglican Church

No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are welcome. Please stay on topic and provide examples to support your point.